Let's Scrap Challenge 2-11-15

Good Morning My Friends,

I finally started work on my New York Scrapbook!  Hooray!  Last May, my husband reached a milestone with his company, 25 years of employment there.  So his company sent us to New York to celebrate.  We decided to take the Acela Train (which was so comfortable) from Baltimore to New York and his company put us up at the Grand Hyatt right next to Grand Central Station.  We arrived on Sunday and stayed until Thursday.  Wednesday night they had a banquet for all of the members of the company that had reached 25 years.  They picked us up at the hotel in Limo's it was so much fun!

So here is the sketch from Let's Scrap Sketches



And here is my take on the sketch:



You can click on the photo's to make them bigger!

Now I am going to show you my flip flap book up close (Warning Picture Heavy)


I started my flip flap book with a very cool post card that I got, a New York City Tag and an airplane brad that I thought went along with the theme.


Next, I added another cool post card and some journaling.



There are a couple more flip flap pages in between but I thought I would show you this last one; it is the page in the book and the last flip flap page out side the book.



This is what the layout looks like in the album.



This is the fun New York Album I got for all of our New York adventures to go in.

I am entering this scrapbook layout into the following challenges:

Scrapbook.com Forums - Travel Layout of a well loved place
Scrapper's Delights Challenge - #40 Always Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Design - Use Some Red
Craft My Life - Anything But A Card

Now please stop by Let's Scrap Sketches to see what the rest of the design team has created! And remember, you can also find us on facebook by clicking HERE


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate all of your comments!

Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! What a wonderful trip that must have been - and a big congrats to your husband on being with the company for that many years. Know y'all must have had a ball.
    Love your pages Chriss! Great photos and looks like so much fun. This will be treasured forever.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your husband and what a great trip. I love the brick and the King Kong. So New Yorkish. Also the flip book for more memories is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous flip album Chriss! And great trip you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous, Chriss!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I love all of the NYC details you added!! What a wonderful way to remember your trip!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Sounds like an Awesome trip!! Congrats to your hubby!
    Great photos and a Super fun album my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Flip Album Chriss. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great layout Chriss... love the flip album part too.. !!

    ReplyDelete

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

― Fred Rogers